Thursday, November 11, 2010

intro 2 my blog "and thats how i got the name"

War stories what’s that????
My blog’s name
You blogging !!! is it on wars ??? yeh saala pagal ho gaya girlfriend nahi milee na..chal gay dost se toh blogger dost hi accha hai…….
Ha ha ha ha ha ha

YES the names uncanny  for a blog post but then if u seen the names ppl put on the web, for e.g RAINBOW NINJA , mines way better, but the name gave an idea to most PPL  I was writing about serious issues of war in Iraq or kargil, NO OFFENCE  but its not my type.
So I was thinking of blogging and as usual all the good names were taken and I didn’t want mine saying   ROOF TOILET, THE KING OF BITCHES or TEE HEE. So I dropped the idea till I found a great name and after brainstorming and doing all the other methods they teach us here in the course of MANAGEMENT, I slumped and postponed the idea till the day I got “war stories” and found out wat it means…

HERE’S PRESENTING MY FIRST BLOG ON HOW THE NAME CAME INTO BEING “WAR STORIES”

Exams were a weekend ahead, no classes and being a responsible student I was, I was sleeping @ 9 in the morning (thanks to the previous nights movie bash which went till 4 in the morning) ,when my phone beeped  with sleepy eyes I opened D message and sulked again as it read “seminar at 9:30,everyone compulsory 2 attend ,H.O.D’s instructions,CR”. I cursed the poor chap 4 breaking my sweet slumber but then he was not the guy who wasted the last night watching movies in the name of exam preparation, I was. Finally I got up at 9:15, finished the essentials within 10 min’s (engineering day’s teachings) got my IPod and started towards the seminar hall with a plan (plug the iPod in and let the guy talk), well that’s what we did all the time

On reaching the hall, enquired abt what is the seminar and as usual nobody had the single notion of idea. At sharp 10 (Indian punctuality) The guy came in and after all the usual technical stuff, the presentation starts and the first question “y r u all here 2 day??” and our usual answer “attendance sir”.

Well what happened next is he didn’t give his usual presentation but discussed with us about our life’s road maps in the years to come ..the iPod remained in the pocket this time and in this course of discussion which i sadly admit i enjoyed he came up with some MBA jargons …one of them was “war stories” and the meaning “its defines the various stories that occur in a persons day to day life in the workplace” the meaning tingled my brain…so I thought why not name my blog war stories after all our life’s  R stories on a day to day basis, some time interesting ,other times boring.... but that’s what altogether makes it interesting..

Signing off for now and waiting for your comments hoping you enjoyed reading it..

Abhishek Nayak
DEPT. OF H.S.M(M.B.A)
N.I.T.K, SURATHKAL
Phone # 07204905501


     
 


3 comments:

  1. Dude!..u seriously r jobless :p
    Nice work though..NITKians, put this term "war story" in the glossary u have in ...(u knw d name):)
    Now dont temme dat u r even gonna get ur paper published in Economic Times or smwhere else like Oxford n all.waise u can do dat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one...
    bt i think that in ur war story the war has nt yet started...
    so start the war soon...

    waiting for ur war...
    rock n roll..
    al d bst..

    ReplyDelete
  3. pure Non sense..... cant believe u wrote this i guess sum1 else is using ur PROFILE...
    May b ur Room Partner....

    ReplyDelete